Virtual Private Networking (VPN) can securely extend your network to any remote user using the Internet.
Using VPN a remote user can:
- use Outlook to access e-mail, calendar, contacts, etc.
- access shared files held on the server
- access network resources such as databases, faxes & printers
- collaborate with other network users
How it works:
The remote user connects to the Internet, then connects to the server via a point-to-point connection (i.e. an encrypted tunnel is opened between the remote user and the server).
A VPN offers:
- Unparalleled business responsiveness. Remote users can access corporate information from almost any location and interact with other staff and clients
- Companies can give staff the flexibility of home working
- Low cost networking: remote users can connect to the office (from anywhere in the world) using the Internet
HMG can install and configure Virtual Private Networking to match your requirements.